Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Orleans... runners paradise or Amsterdam without the weed?

Crazy in New Orleans... ok, maybe not crazy, but definitely up tempo from home station. Got in last night to some driving rain. I was pleased... driving rain means temps above freezing, and that's what this transplant to the Heartland needs. Now if I can just find some sun to help replinish the Vitamin D I'm certainly deficient of...

Heading shortly to the running expo, where I'll sign in for the half and probably spend much more money than I should. Great timing on filing the taxes, as both my federal return and the end of month pay check are in my account to bankroll my running-induced psychosis while I'm here.

Note: I miss my son. As a parent I find it hard (and sometimes disgusting, but that's for another post) to be selfish, yet that's a word that easily describes the majority of dedicated runners. It's not a negative thing, necessarily... it's just that by nature, if your hobby requires you to spend hours on the road, track, treadmill, or other cardio machines to train for a distance most lament driving, admit your selfishness and press on. But I do miss the little guy, and I'm happy I added to my running playlist a few songs played when his favorite wrestling stars make their ring entrance. Just typing about it brings a smile to my face, and I'll be thinking about his quest to break 100 at bowling today while I'm purchasing my overpriced carb gels and gushing over the newest running technology.

This time tomorrow I should be done with my masochistic road-pounding event, looking for some food, and hoping everything on this old body is still functional.

From the Big Easy, hoping it stays that way for this race virgin,

Peace, love and po-boys... mine with shrimp last night was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment