Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lower than a snake's belly

So the last pause for the cause took 14 days... this time I've been away for more than a month, and I find myself sitting at my pub table typing away when I should be traveling to Nashville for my next Rock-n-Roll half marathon. However, concerns regarding severe weather have me taking the cautious side of the spectrum. It's not that I mind running in a little rain; I'm not the least bit interested in dodging lightning. This too shall pass, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm a bit miffed at this turn of events.

The weather has me put off as well... rain, clouds, more rain, cooler temps - I guess I should be accepting of the fact it's still spring, but honestly, I want to lay outside, or sit on the porch, or mow the lawn, and recharge my batteries with the sunlight.

So many decisions right now... a non-running vacation is needed for sure. In the interim, I'm running the Bellevue-Offutt Runway Run and the Council Bluffs Half Marathon in May. Maybe June will allow me the opportunity to get away for a few days.

Peace, love and tequila - if I'm going crazy, I'm going on my terms, Cabo Wabo style.
Your low-crawling, sun-craving, vacation needing scribe

1 comment:

  1. Follow up...

    I'm devastated that I didn't run Nashville when I had the chance. I was concerned about the weather I'd run in to, and the following weekend that beautiful area got slammed with weather they're still trying to recover from. My best wishes to those in the area who were so kind to host the runners and welcome me in... and my apologies for not following through with my end of the bargain. I feel that I missed out on something special, and now it might not ever be the same for any of us.
    Peace to those in Tennessee... may you find your way through strength, determination, and faith.

    ReplyDelete